From the region
You long for lush greenery, lots of fresh air and a summer vacation in Tyrol that is rich in highlights? The vacation region Ötztal shines above all with exciting vacation offers for the whole family - sometimes fast-paced, sometimes relaxed. Vacations in Tyrol can have so many invigorating sides!
Did you know that the Ötztal....
... is the longest side valley in Tyrol with a length of 67 km?
... is home to the highest mountain in Tyrol and the second highest mountain in Austria - the Wildspitze (3,768 m)?
... offers climbing and hiking in a fantastic mountain world of 250 three-thousand-meter peaks?
... offers numerous sporting activities such as biking, swimming and rafting?
... invites you to splash around in the warmest bathing lake in Tyrol, Lake Piburg?
... six skiing areas and over 350 kilometers of slopes to ski on?
... is home to the largest glacier and ski area in the Eastern Alps?
... tempts you with a visit to the highest inhabited church village in Austria - Oberburg-Hochburg (1,930 m)?
... will amaze you with the Stuibenfall, the highest waterfall in Tyrol?
... you can experience the alpine nature while snowshoeing or winter hiking, tobogganing, ski touring or cross-country skiing?
More information on www.oetztal.com
- Lake Piburg with boat rental (5 minutes on foot); the bathing temperature in summer reaches 23°C on average
- Swimming pools Ötz and Sautens
- Swimming lake in Umhausen
- Aqua Dome thermal bath in Längenfeld Aqua Dome
- Outdoor Park Area 47
- Countless varied hiking trails - on request we are happy to help with route planning
- We are also happy to organize guided hikes for you
- The Ötztal offers 687 km of cycling routes
- We will gladly organize bike tours with bike rental for you
- Golf Club Seefeld Wildmoos - 18 holes
- Golf Club Mieminger Plateau - 27 holes
Skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, ski tours, winter hiking
- The SUPER SKI PASS for the skiing areas Hochoetz, Niederthai, Kühtai and Sölden offers unlimited skiing fun. A total of 220 km of slopes and 60 modern lifts are available with a single ski pass.
- Skiing area Hochoetz (3 minutes by car)
- Skiing area Kühtai (15 minutes by car)
- Skiing area Niederthai (20 minutes by car)
- Skiing area Pitztal (30 minutes by car)
- Skiing area Sölden (30 minutes by car)
- Skiing area Vent, Hoch-Obergurgl (35 minutes by car)
- Ski resort Seefeld (30 minutes by car)
- (There is missing an info about ski tours - you could write:
- We are happy to help with ski touring route planning ?)
- The Ötztal offers 150 km of groomed trails for cross-country skiing and 200 km of cleared marked hiking trails
- Nordic Walking
- Fishing with fishing card on request
- toboggan run Piburger See - 2,5 km long and illuminated
- Ice skating on the Piburger lake
- Timmelsjoch - A fascinating ride at 2,509 m above sea level via Hochgurgl to South Tyrol (Merano). The Timmelsjoch connects the Ötztal valley with the Passeier valley.
- Oetzidorf - walk in Ötzi's footsteps at the 9,000 m2 historical park
- Stuibenfall - Tyrol's highest waterfall with the possibility of via ferrata climbing
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds Wattens - art, culture, entertainment and shopping all in one. Be enchanted by the glittering crystal world. Ideal for family excursions. Playground available.